Wednesday, February 13, 2013

HAVE YOU SEEN THE WORK OF PAPER FASHION?




If you're a creative person, you most likely have ideas of new creative pursuits you'd like to take on down the road.  And, if you're like me you start getting pretty bored if you don't switch things up from time to time.  For some time now I've been wanting to try my hand at fashion illustration.  In fact, I just purchased some new graphite pencils, new thin-line black pens, and some professional water color paints.  After seeing these gorgeous illustrations by Katie Rodgers of  Paper Fashion, I'm ready to dive in!  The challenge is going to be not to compare my beginner illustrations with hers.  While growing up I drew and painted every free moment I had.  But sadly, I've barely held a pencil or paintbrush in my hand for over 25 years.  You have to start somewhere, though, right?

Is there a creative activity you've been putting off for way too long?  What creative dreams or ambitions do you have?  I'd love to hear about them!   : )

Vicki

2 comments: